• SEVERAL months ago the council made the disastrous decision to cut funding to Maiden Lane Youth Club.
• A PRIVATE company will start cleaning Camden’s council estates this month.
• THE bus stop opposite Camden Town Tube station, for buses towards Hampstead Heath, was removed several months ago.
• OUR local used and independent bookshops are not financial basketcases as your article (Write Off? January 7) implied – there is a continuing demand for used books.
• I SYMPATHISE with A McCarthy (Letters, January 7), the building of the research centre at King’s Cross will be a great inconvenience, and views will be lost all around when the new bui
• THE letter (Medical science is a boon to all humanity, December 31) was entirely correct in responding to the letter the previous week about the value of medical science.
• IT’S good news that we may get 63 new council homes built.
It shows that if you fight you can get results.
• THANK you for the Christmas hampers donated by the New Journal and readers.
• I HAD the misfortune to mislay my keys last week, including that to the communal door of my block of flats.
THE women would arrive in batches, like the supplies of feed for livestock or winter fuel.
It’s a human rights issue, say objectors who warn that licences have reached saturation point
UNDER-siege residents have warned they will hire a human rights lawyer to fight the Town Hall amid claims that the number of late-night drinking licences in Chalk Farm’s historic Stables Mark